Day to Day life through the eyes of a Mom blessed with a child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Little splinter, big drama
A few days ago, Myra was playing at the park in shoes but no socks. And all the parks up here are covered in bark chips. Icky stuff. Anyway, she picked up a sliver. And i tried to take it out. But she screamed and yelled and wouldn't let me TOUCH it. Well, fast forward to today. Myra and I were in Freddy's getting some stuff for a friends party. And she started limping and crying and carrying on. Her foot was KILLING her! And surprise, although I had told her at least 5 times to put socks on with her shoes today,she had not. I finally broke down, put her in a cart and examined her foot. What was originally a teeny tiny splinter was now a penny size hugely swollen mess with a tiny spot in the middle. Ugh. I bought a 69 cent bottle of hydrogen peroxide and took her to the bathroom. I poured and poured, and... you guessed it, she screamed and screamed. I finally dried off her wound, slapped a bandaid on and went to the party. She let people look at the "owie" but nobody could touch it. At home, it had swollen to the size of a quarter. Enough messing around. I held her down and her dad sterilized a pin and dug out the splinter. Myra screamed, and writhed, and yelled, "I'm done! I'm done! Hellllp!" Oh,great. All we need is the cops called. Lol. :) Anyway, the owie is out and the drama is over. Of course, it still "Reeeeally hurts." But she shall live. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment