Day to Day life through the eyes of a Mom blessed with a child with Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Myra and water
When Myra was first born, she screamed. She screamed for hours on end from the day she was born and on. And she would refuse to nurse. Her first nursing strike was at the ripe old age of 10 days. But whenever we got in the bath, her and I, she would nurse. So one day, She began screaming hysterically. She was less than 2 months old. I ran a bath because I didnt know what else to do. She screamed while I ran the bath. Screamed while I got undressed. Screamed while I got her undressed. Screamed while we got in the bath. Mid-scream, her booty hit the water and she STOPPED. She heaved a huge sigh and was totally content. I was amazed. And she has been like this ever since. Whenever Myra is having a total meltdown, screaming, spitting, hitting, whatever... all I have to do is get her in the water. Its very strange. But it works for her. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment