And Myra has night terrors! Accck!! They happen when she is overly tired, eats shortly before bed, has a sensory underload or overload day, is in pajamas that bug her or half a dozen other reasons. They are frustrating because she is still asleep so she can't be reasoned with. I just comfort her until she goes back to sleep. I think the extra excitment is doing it for her tonight. Myra can't sleep at all if left to her own devices. She takes 9mg of melatonin per night, about a hour or two before bed. This is pretty common in kids with SPD... the insomnia is common, that is.. Anyway...
Okay, so I have been asked how skating went. And.... drumroll please..... she... LOVED IT!!!! AAAAH!! When i went to pick her up from daycare, I was handed the outer layer of her clothes: socks/pants/shirt that were soaking wet (yea for layers) but she was jubiliant! "Mom! I did it! I love it! Just like you did when you were my age!" I had shared with her that I had loved it when I was little. I find that if I share a story that coincides with something she's experiencing, and that story is from my childhood, she takes heart from it. I told her about the skiing lesson my parents paid for, and how i cried through the whole thing because my nose was cold. We giggled and problem solved (maybe a nose warmer that looks like Rudolph).. etc. As Myra grows, this whole thing becomes a tad easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment